Thursday, October 24, 2013

Catching Up

It's been quite a while since my last post and lots of people asking about updates so I'm going to try and get caught up.

I never imagined being the GC and doing alot of the work myself was going to take soooooo long. Even with all the research and planning I did, still wasn't prepared. Thankfully I've had the help of my dad, John, and the wife (kids too) for much of the time.

During the process, I've learned so much more than I ever knew before, met some really nice people and found many contractors that aren't good.  Have been fortunate and stepped into some really nice opportunities and savings that helped reduced overall costs that I had not planned on.  I will elaborate when I start updating the posts.

We are behind schedule quite a bit (about 6 weeks) but the framer was partially responsible and I just didn't allocate enough time.  I had hoped to be in the house by Christmas but doesn't look like we will make it after all.

Stay tuned and I should have lots of updates coming shortly .....

No comments:

Post a Comment