Monday, June 3, 2013

Excavation Mods and Electrical Inspection

After Mark was setting up the footings forms, there were two areas that needed additional excavation so I was able to take care of it and now can say that excavation was one of the many trades that I ended up doing :-)

Here's the view looking down to one of the marked out areas that I need excavate.

Even though I had a long arm on the mini, I couldn't quite get too close to the edge as it would exert too much pressure on the walls and possibly cave in.  Thus, I had a lot of manual digging.  I pulled out as much as I could with the mini and then shoveled the rest into the bucket and then climbed back up to to dump it.  That was definitely a workout.

 The remote temp pole needs to be inspected by L&I before the electrical company will hook up temporary power.  The first time I failed because the meter box I'm using (provided by framer) is an above ground only and I fed the service lines from the bottom.  The electrical connections were correct but the wires had to enter from the top even though the power is coming from below ground.

I had already purchased the wire (3) 2 AWG and didn't have alot of excess so I had to try and route from top while still leaving the minimum required by electrical company (they wanted 5').  I used (2) LB connectors and some conduit to piece it together.  It wasn't pretty, actually really ugly and it truly bugs me because I'm kind of an neat and orderly person.  I call it frankstienish but the inspector said it just has to be functional.  So be it, I called again and this time it passed so I should have power within 5-10 days.


I also worked some more on the silt fence and have about 180' installed, staked, stapled, and backfilled.  I'm just waiting for the first deer or elk to rip it apart.


No comments:

Post a Comment